The much-anticipated “Metallic Rouge,” a Bones original anime, has just unveiled its third teaser. This time, not only do we witness high-octane android action, but we’re also introduced to side characters and a rich sci-fi backdrop. One particular scene captivates, showing our android protagonist, Rouge Redstar, along with a group, descending via an elevator into what seems like a mysterious settlement nestled within a canyon.
Metallic Rouge unfolds in a universe where both humans and androids share the world. The narrative delves into the life of Rouge, an android with a distinct purpose. Accompanied by her partner Naomi, they embark on a perilous journey on Mars. Their daunting mission? To eliminate nine synthetic humans, who pose a considerable threat to the prevailing government.
New Staff Inclusions:
- Special Ability Director: Yasushi Muraki (Known for Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution series)
- Gladiator Designers:
- Takayuki Takeya (Noein: To Your Other Self objet designer)
- Tamotsu Shinohara (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans co-mecha designer)
- Mechanical Designer: Hirao Tomoyuki (Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Thrice Upon a Time co-mechanical designer)
- Set Designer: Shingo Takeba (Kurau: Phantom Memory)
- Costume Design Assistant: Akihiro Yamada (Rahxephon character designer)
- Art Director: Takuya Ebisawa (The Price of Smiles)
- Color Designer: Hiroko Umezaki (To Your Eternity Season 2)
- Compositing Director: Ikegami Masataka (SK8 the Infinity)
- Culture Research: Katsuie Shibata
- Sound Director: Haru Yamada (The Aquatope on White Sand)
For those who haven’t caught wind of it yet, “Metallic Rouge” is scheduled to air in Japan in January 2024. Celebrating Bones’ 25th anniversary, the storyline follows Rouge, voiced by Yume Miyamoto, and her human ally, Naomi Orthmann, played by Tomoyo Kurosawa. Their mission? To track down nine rebellious androids on Mars.
Core Team Members:
- Director: Motonobu Hori (Notable works include Super Crooks and Carole and Tuesday)
- Character Designer: Toshihiro Kawamoto (Famed for Noragami and Blood Blockade Battlefront)
- Music Composer: Taisei Iwasaki (Blood Blockade Battlefront)
- Series Composer & Chief Supervisor: Yutaka Izubuchi (Space Battleship Yamato 2199 chief director, Rahxephon creator)